Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Check It

The other day, realising that I was in danger of never leaving my house except under cover of darkness like some sort of pot bellied, short, crime-indifferent batgirl, I got in touch with my inner senior citizen and took a stroll around my neighbourhood in the dying sunshine of a winter afternoon.

And this is what I saw (I am referring to the car, people, not the skyscraper):



This was a cool sighting for a number of reasons. Firstly, the car. The car is inarguably cool. Currently, I am temping at a large imported-luxury-car-glass-box type place, where I, the lucky receptionist, get to sit in the midst of yea verily a field of slumbering, 100k plus toy cars which are so small and boxy that when grown men sit in them they have to stoop a little. The cars I gaze at, in a vague and desperate fashion, first thing of a morning are not as cool as the car above.

The second, and cooler thing about this sighting was the girl sitting shotgun in this car. She was grinning like a cheshire cat. It was impossible not to grin back at her as she rolled past, driven by some shadowy male figure since she was so clearly Living The Dream.

Thirdly and finally, finding out what car that girl was sitting in has led me to discover that it was a car like one Steve McQueen used to drive. Finally - an answer to the question posed at the end of that Gomez track "sean connery... or steve mcqueen?"

2 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger ms fits said...

BUT WHAT WAS SHE WEARING?


I can't imagine the outfit I would put together in order to ride shotgun in such a vehicle. No doubt it would involve stirrups of some kind.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kate said...

she was just wearing ordinary clothes. A denim jacket and a big scarf as I recall. Clearly a chance to Frock Up recklessly squandered

 

Post a Comment

<< Home