Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Round Up Number Billionty Seven

So bearing in mind the grumpiness of the below post and the fact that I now have The Cat begging for me to put it out of its misery by seeing if it can fly, here's a quick round up of things Herbert lately:


  • In an interesting development on a previous post I recently found myself riding not just into the dawn but out the other side of it and into 8am Friday morning traffic whilst on my ride from.... brunswick to airport west and back again via essendon/suburbs misc.

  • Celebrating "employment" with JZ at Rue Bebs on a Tuesday afternoon after going to see Children of Men. Our uni selves would be so proud of where we are now

  • Comparing the work at Kick and Someday while glaring at the drug addled freaks at Alia after bustling ourselves in for free and then despising all around us from our vantage point at the end of the bar

  • Cooking an awesome repast even by my standards for my friend Park on Saturday night (with a little bit of extra appreciation from S which was cool) and then being delighted by Taya's mother cooking the recipe from the GoodWeekend for her while my parents were at home doing exactly the same thing (although my pez broke it down over two days. Still. The amazing power of the GW, no?) - I thought the chicken was weirdly flavourless but the eggs were great

  • Attending the grammatically suspect but morally virtuous Walk Against Warming and getting to stand on a bench and see all the families etc assembled

  • Being fearfully impressed by my friend, BigFriendlyGiant's, music-personness but being even more impressed by his pretty ringlet-y hair the secret of which his beloved, Roo, was only too happy to reveal (thankfully, with the new crop I no longer have to remember the shampoo/conditioner combo she showed me repeatedly)

  • Bumping into S's little brother at social events: various as he starts out on what I can only believe will be an illustrious social-gategrashing lifestyle perhaps as glorious at the one I've constructed (well... maybe not). It is a funny thing to be confronted by younger siblings though. With the exception of the Z-clan, I had some vague idea that everyone's siblings existed somewhere else. Like "berwick" or "adelaide" or something. Apparently siblings exist in the ghetto too. Amazing.

  • Discovering that soccer in the park can cure hangovers but will not necessarily stop one from standing still at key moments in the game and pondering if one is really standing in the park and, if so, why wont the angles line up, can I lie down now, please?



And that will have to do until the next time, I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home