Monday, August 21, 2006

Pandora

Ok so I know that everyone in the world and their grandma knows about Pandora . I know this because, for godsakes, I remember sneering in borrowed cynicism and ennui when BoyF sent me the link months ago. I vividly recall pulling a face at the screen and muttering "like, ohmygod, I have totally already read the hype on that thing so long ago GOSH you are fifty years too late JEEZ" or something similar.

Well, the joke is on me because it is one thing to know about it and quite another to have the enormous amount of spare time that I currently have and to be able to listen to Pandora all day long. And maybe fall a little bit in love with it. Even if it makes me realise that there actually aren't that many things that sound like M.I.A. apart from, well, M.I.A. And how did it think that "Rythym is a Dancer" is something that links back to M.I.A.? Although it did remind me about fannypack. Which led me to wonder if they were still going out with the boys that they professed their love for in that track. Hmm.

I am starting to suspect that Pandora was put together by woollen-jumper-wearing indie boys though. It has a much higher strike rate for my "belle and sebastian" playlist than it's had for anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home