Saturday, August 19, 2006

Rock Steady

Another morning, another Aretha Franklin track (alright, I admit I cheated - but I just couldn't face having my day defined by one of Pavement's more boring, feedback laden screechathons) and hold the press ladies and gentlemen a Saturday Morning Without A Hangover

Wtf? I hear you ask, is that even possible? It is if you had an alcohol free day the day before. That's right! No alcohol! ON A FRIDAY.



Perversely, given their beginning as Saturday night marathons of drinking and recklessness, cards - particularly poker cards - have now come to symbolise blameless hours of sobriety and occasional dalliances with mathematics. I tried to fight it, I fought it for years but in the end the nerds had the last laugh.

Damn you Sunday Afternoon Ladies and your pink lemonade ways. How else to explain spending a Friday night in, of all places, Monash Clayton in some brightly lit, slightly cold "wine cellar" room playing poker for fun (definitely not for profit)?

This morning I dreamt that I lived in a block of flats with a pond in it that expanded into a pool. I had to swim through it to get to my friend's room. I wonder what that means? And when will it be warm enough to go swimming again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home