Friday, December 01, 2006

Thin Red Line

Today, as with many other days recently, I found myself with a lot of time on my hands.

Thus I found it behoved me to share with my oldest friend, A*, my newest obsession. Details are as follows:

Herbert
to A*
2:18 pm (9 hours ago)


I just want to let you know that, although it is incredibly nerdy, I
am utterly obsessed with this site:

http://www.earthsci.unimelb.edu.au/~awatkins/melbtemp.htm

The red line, A*, the red line! What will it do next? Where will it
go?? Will it make it to the blue bar in time? Is it warm enough yet
for me to step out in my shorts? What about now?!

---------------------------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 2:22 pm

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE.......

That is even nerdier than I could possibly have imagined....

--------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 2:32 pm

hey, I try to bring the entertainment to you, why you gotta be hating
on me like that? wait, I haven't checked on it for fifteen whole
minutes! It might've gone crazy without me !

whew. still 28.6 degrees.

----------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 2:36 pm


I cannot convey to you how hard I am laughing right now ...

----------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 2:38 pm

it just went up point two of a degree!! I really feel that, after I go
and eat lunch, it will be hot enough to show the world my shorts!
woohoo! I know you are laughing at me but honestly, that line is
MIRACULOUS.

-------------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 2:42 pm

I'm glad that you've found something that makes you so happy. Truly.

----------------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 3:09 pm

So you've moved on from discussions of individual fish to actual whole
fisheries? Now that's what I call a promotion!

(don't think I didn't notice your condescending tone. I am merely
choosing to Rise Above It. Rather like the red line above the
predicted maximum. Although I don't think it will do that today.)

---------------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 3:16 pm


Who ISN'T entertained by fisheries, really? Why Garfish - A Chronology
is not a published work remains beyond me.

I laughed so hard then I snorted.

-----------------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 3:57 pm

in other, equally exciting news, it is now 29.7degrees!! omf'ingG

------------------------------
{Note, this is where despite early protests, A* hops on board the weather wagon}
A*
to Herbert
More options 3:59 pm


There is always a place for Michi. Always.

In our exciting weather news, the cool change has blown in! Yay!! It was
38 yesterday with an overnight min of 25. That is not a minimum, people.
And then got up to about 35 this morning. Icky hot.

------------------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 4:29 pm
its all over, it's dropped down to 28.8! I'm so going to have to change. Sigh.

---------------------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 4:29 pm
ooh, wait, it's jumped back to 29.5!!!

---------------------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 4:30 pm (8 hours ago)


HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I think anything above 25 is still good for shorts ...

---------------------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 4:52 pm

yesssss!! 30.1 degrees!!

--------------------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 4:54 pm

now 30.8! when will the excitement end, Herbert?

------------------------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 4:56 pm
maybe it will reach the dizzying heights of projected maximum after
all!! Go little red line, go! Live the dream you good thing!!!

--------------------------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 5:04 pm


The other point in favour of your shorts is it's still climbing this
late into the afternoon! that means I think that it won't drop till much
much later...

DISCLAIMER:

I cannot believe you have me interested in/following this, but:

Oh! It appears to be levelling out!

---------------------------------------

Herbert
to A*
More options 5:10 pm
true. Plus I checked the expected minimum for tomorrow and it is
only 19 so, as you say, I think I have a hot night to look forward to.

I should confess to you that I have spent the greater part of this day
pairing my shorts with.... hot pink leg warmers. This may come as
something of a shock to you and I know that my mother, on more than
one occasion today, has blinked rapidly at the sight of me. In my defence -
I am absolutely not wearing a headband.

-------------------------------------

A*
to Herbert
More options 5:10 pm


Herbert

Do not force me to undertake legal proceedings to disown you ...

--------------------------------------

And that's a wrap people! Possibly the most boring post you've ever had to scroll through but for me it was the highlight of my day. Now I've found something better than two up:

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

I read this whole post.

I enjoyed it from start to finish.

What happened next?

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I wore my shorts out and danced with drunk just-graduates. Not a bad evening, all in all.

All possible ONLY with the assistance of the red line.

And thank you for reading that whole thing. My friends have kvetched that there was too much writing, not enough pictures. That'll learn em (somehow)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home