Sunday, September 17, 2006

Round Up Pt 3

Saturday

So Saturday started with such golden weather I decided to test out an old frock that some had suggested looked like two beach towels sewn together and others had suggested looked fine

All I know is that frock apparently had magical-hobo-zoning abilities because I have never been heckled by so many hobos as I was yesterday. From offers of kisses to impromptu football anthem singing to questions pertaining to the history of said frock ... Did it remind them of a time when they were yonger and girls wore frocks like that? Did it trigger some deep-seated love of towels and beaches? What was it?

Clearly I had to go home and change it as well as get ready for the Night of Parties ahead.

Party 1 - a classic 'sitting room' party, all the music you'd expect to hear to try to get people up and dancing, some scouts and a small sitting room (I think small sitting rooms are a good thing. They make people sit closer together and it is easier to start dancing in them).

Party 2 - much like Party 1 but with musos and rooms full of ... muso... thing. And a rather lovely young man who tried to convince me that living in the Dandenongs was great and apparently couldn't pick up my mind signals which were tryring to get him to ask for my phone number. Damn mind signals. This non-interventionist policy is for losers.

Party 3 - after the non-success of Party 2 I decided that staying home was also for losers and I would try my luck in the Big City. Having only the sketchiest notion of where I was heading and absolutely no good reason to go there (except that I wanted to) I headed off to the rooftop party that was being held somewhere near the stock exchange.
At Party 3 I discovered:
  • A spanish accent will make any request sound more fun/acceptable
  • La Perla have special change rooms where men and women can go to try on underwear (I also got to see the knickers purchased - very nice...)
  • If someone is standing right up against you and speaking directly into your ear, it apprently doesn't matter what they are saying - even if it's old gossip that you already know - the act of speaking into ears is, itself, enough to send shivers.

  • If nothing else Party 3 revealed the truth of Blue's search for someone to whisper all the decimal places of pi to her. Ears? Whispering? All Hot.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home