Saturday, August 26, 2006

Westgarth

Last night JZ, NoLogic and I discovered the incredible hotness that is the new Westgarth cinema in Northcote. Damn that cinema is hot. It makes you want to rub the chairs in a suggestive manner and then make out with anyone sitting next to you in celebration of just how hot the theatre now is. We managed to suppress these wrongtown urges however and settled in to the serious business of watching Thank You For Smoking .



Although the film itself is hilarious (but not enough maria bello. Why did they hold out on me like that?) the bits with katie holmes in them made me... sad. I know it's ridiculous but this was the first film I'd seen where she looked lopsidedly attractive and seemed able to act and now she's all locked up in some Scientologist compound with a plastic baby. Perhaps my feelings of sorrow were tempered by the inordinate amounts of time I've had recently to read Go Fug Yourself and Defamer.

Afterwards I went and met CS and The Wedge in Brunswick St and relived the highs and lows of CS's brief stint in the harsh and pedantic world of lawyer-speak. This naturally opened up the night for a whole lot of "Now when you say he's into dirty ho's what exactly do you mean by dirty? And ho? And "into"?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home