Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lucky charms

As I trudged away from the taxi-man who seemed to’ve offered me a lift for free as a sort of karmic sacrifice to the Friday Night Fates in a hope of securing an actual paying customer in future, I had time to think about a recent conversation.

Now, I can’t quite remember who it was but one of my friends accused me of being the type of lady who would only sleep with boys based on their method of cooling. That is to say, I was liable to haul out a questionnaire at any moment from somewhere deep inside my purse and ask them to tick a, b, or c where a = none, b = fan and c = air conditioning. At the time I was shocked and offended that anyone would think my time could be purchased so cheaply (or so, well, practically. I am nothing if not nonsensical) but tonight I found myself wondering “why don’t I know anyone with aircon?



I also found myself discussing earlier how it was that comedy is only funny if you don’t mean it. So although I enjoyed dancing with the laydeez on Thursday night and seeing that young man do that thing where you lean back and touch the ground with one hand and then spring right back up as if you haven’t just used every single muscle in your abdomen and it was nothing, well. I mean, that was pretty awesome but I’m not sure it was funny.

Then again, I’m not sure that this is a spot of unbridled comedy so maybe I shouldn’t over think it too much.

Still wish I knew someone with more than one fan in their whole fucking house though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home