Monday, January 22, 2007

Hommage de Bernaise

People, did you know that they now make bearnaise sauce... in a jar? A jar!



So tonight, with pretty much total success, I recreated the Napier's infamous roo + bearnaise sauce = heaven on a plate at Park's house. Although it was a little tepid it still maintained its inherent core of utter awesomeness (thanks, entirely, obviously, to my mad chef skillz. Not even gluten free flour could overcome me).

The only low point was realising that a kitchen I took such enormous pleasure of being the master of was shortly to disappear. Aw, who will have the fairy lights now?

3 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EXCITING! Who would have thought/is it available in supermarkets, etc?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kate said...

I truly was thrilled at the news, gigglewick. I may even've squealed a little bit, right there in the supermarket isle.

If crazy ol' piedemontes' has it, I'm confident that you can find it anywhere that has a condiment section (funny word "condiment")

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squealing in supermarkets is acceptable.

My mother makes the sound of the "toilet duck" on the television ad every time she passes the household cleaning section, so squealing, a minor offence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home